Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

The anti-theft Immobilizer is stuck and won't let the car…

Customer Question
The anti-theft Immobilizer is...

The anti-theft Immobilizer is stuck and won't let the car start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yeah we just bought a new one after the llast time'

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2001 CRV

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

The AAA guy that fixed it for us last time told us to lock and unlock the drivers side dor 3 times and reset the battery or something like that

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ried ourselves it didn't work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Honda
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
It's been more than 30 minutes? Am I going to get an answer from someone?
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/25/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Is there anything aftermarket on this vehicle like an immobilizer, alarm, or remote start?

It has and alarm. I don't think it is aftermarket. I am the second owner.
I don't now where you are located so I did not want to call, as it may be late where you are. If so we can continue tomorrow. If not let me know and I will continue now.

With the key in the run position what is the theft light doing and where exactly is this theft light that you are monitoring?

Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris