Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

2005 Honda Odyssey Check engine light and vsa light on-

2005 Honda Odyssey Check engine light...
2005 Honda Odyssey
Check engine light and vsa light on- diagnostic code p- 2646 and the oil is new and correct level.
I have been getting confusing answers on resolving this issue. What sensor is this and where is it located?
Thank you
9/24/2017
acura mstr
acura mstr, Honda Master Tech

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. That code is for a V-TEC oil pressure switch. Its a common problem in this model, However there are 2 systems on this engine ,Give me your VIN number and I can give you the location and part number of the replacement part.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

5FNRL38665B003082
Could it also be the vtec oil pressure solionoid assembly too? Or is this on another model?

It is located in the rear cylinder head on the driver side next to the valve cover. the part number is ***** . The vtec solenoid valve is on the other model. 99% of the time its this switch that fails . Here is a link to the location.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6uc3wy5ec9iv9va/vtec.pdf?dl=0

Thanks, ***** ***** have another diagram or picture? The one sent looks like it's cut off and I can't see much
Will this require me to take the intake manifold bolts out and take off? Or is this external ?

You just need to take the plastic engine cover off .You can reach around and get to it. Here is some better drawings

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjbvpuez02wa4ze/oil.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qxrgjx385ybx3k/Service%20Information.pdf?dl=0

Great picture .. just to clarify in reference to the picture the rocker arm control solinoid is what I'm replacing? Is that another term for the oil pressure sensor?

The part you are replacing is called the EOP sensor in this picture . stands for engine oil pressure sensor

Thank you

Thank you, ***** ***** forget to rate my service. If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.

acura mstr
acura mstr, Honda Master Tech
acura mstr
acura mstr
acura mstr, Honda Master Tech