Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

It won't start. The battery is brand new, from the Honda…

Customer Question
It won't start Mechanic's...

It won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The battery is brand new, from the Honda dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2015 Odessey

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We checked the remote to see if the battery on these were dead. using each one separately, car still wouldn't start. When we first tried to start it, it sounded like it wanted to start but now nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The back seat doors opened once, now they won't and it shows on the display that they are open. It looks like they may just barely open.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Honda
9/24/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like a dead or weak battery.A dead or weak battery will cause this fault here with all of these issues as low voltage causes electronics to act up.

If you have not tried a jump start or to recharge the battery I would see if it then starts.If it does then I would have the battery tested ( a local parts store can test this at no charge) to see if it needs replaced.

If you have already checked to see if this is due to a dead or weak battery let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete