Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Getting worse gas mileage (. The check engine light also…

Customer Question
Getting worse gas mileage...

Getting worse gas mileage (. The check engine light also comes on occasionally. The error code indicates a problem with the catalytic converter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It blinks but it isn't on all the time.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2004 Honda Accord EX V6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing for this problem. I ordered an O2 sensor but they give me the wrong one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that is it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
9/24/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive world for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

Is it code p0420?

You are trying to improve your gas mileage, is there anything you noticed about the vehicle performance?