Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Odometer reads way to high. 2016 honda CV4. No i am not it…

Odometer reads way to...

Odometer reads way to high

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2016 honda CV4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No i am not it started when I bought it it reads that i drive 300K per day, when I do 25K max per day

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I can check, but I doubt it, it just had B1 service

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its is new 2016 May thanks

9/24/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Is the overall odometer reading correct, or is it showing more total kilometers on the vehicle than there actually is

If this started since you bought it over a year ago, has the dealer tried to correct this and if so, what have they done so far

Hi thank you! I actually just realized the issue now and haven't spoken to the dealer yet
Another dealer where I go for service has no ideas
Have you seen this before? Any ideas ?
Thank you!

HI,

Ok, you need to have the dealer do a software program update to the ip cluster control module to correct the issue so that it calculates the kilometers correctly. Should be 1/2 hour to 1 hour labor charge for this

Great thank you!!

you are welcome

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager