Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Horn goes off, but the key will not work in the lock...is…

Customer Question
Horn goes off, but...

Horn goes off, but the key will not work in the lock...is there anything else to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

Not the key...bad lock system, had worked on 2 years ago, but still problems

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

05 honda accord exl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

It finally went off but i am afraid to turn the engine off, husband is coming home with WD 40 to try with the lock/key

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ok

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Honda
9/24/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Is the concern when you are locking the doors with the fob, the horn does not honk once to confirm it is locked?