Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I need to replace the Sensor, Oxygen - Honda (36531-PAA-305)

I need to replace...

I need to replace the Sensor, Oxygen - Honda (36531-PAA-305) on my 2002 Honda Accord EX which has a SULEV VTEC engine. The owners manual says the engine is from the F23A - Series. Is my engine a 1,2, 3 or 4 version. How can I tell?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Honda Accord. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I am replacing the sensor because the check engine light is on

9/21/2017
Roy
Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok, first, how did you verify the O2 sensor is the issue???

what is the code???

Roy

To be honest my memory is not what it used to be but I think it was p0135. The Honda service manager told me the the sensor needed to be replaced and the estimated cost to do that was $741

owners manual are made for many cars at a time not for specific vehicles.

the way to tell is by the engine code. you have a ultra low emission vehicle or a california model.

I would shop around for the sensor. way too much money.

the sensor is the most likely failure.. very common

Roy

Where can I find the engine code?

8th digit in the vin. thats what the dealer and us independents go by

Roy

Roy
Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist
My VIN is JHMCG66092C010528. As you can see the 8th digit is a zero