Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Car while driving in water during rain...appears to shut…

Customer Question
Car while driving in...

Car while driving in water during rain...appears to shut down...the ignition light comes on...hard to stir.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The lights that comes on when your turn the key and it has not started.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2007 Honda Concrod

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am at work and my wife was driving the car. I am saying what she told me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think the steering issue is the power steering. I think that the engine is shutting down. However, my wife said not.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Honda
9/22/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Once it stalled did it restart or take some time?

Did she say how fast she was going and how deep the puddle was or was the road just wet?