Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

ERROR CODE p1381. JUST USED A SCAN TOOL. AND 330,000 MILES…

Customer Question
ERROR CODE p1381 Mechanic's...

ERROR CODE p1381

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

JUST USED A SCAN TOOL. AND 330,000 MILES ON A HONDA CRV1997

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 330?

1997

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 330 yourself? What have you tried so far?

JUST GOT TO WORK AND WONDERING ABOUT taking it somewhere. It was bogging down a bit

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How difficult to replace

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 9 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 9 months ago

Sorry about the wait. Does the engine light stay solid or flash when driving?

solid
Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 9 months ago

And do you also feel any loss of power at higher speeds?

I came of the freeway on the offramp and it felt like it wanted to die. Regained power but just felt off
Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 9 months ago

The code is regarding the ignition system. The code present and the symptom you are experiencing is commonly caused by a faulty distributor assembly.

is this difficult to replace? Is this something easy to get a an auto supply shop for my older car?
Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 9 months ago

It is not that hard to replace and is available from most part stores.

Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 9 months ago

I have attached the procedure to replace the distributor. Aso make sure that the distributor cap and rotor are in good shape, may needs replacement along with the distributor.

okay will give it a try
Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 9 months ago

Good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 9 months ago

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me .

3. I only get credit for my work from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer