Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

VSA light is on how do I clear it? It is a 05 honda pilot,

Customer Question
VSA light is on...

VSA light is on how do I clear it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Honda. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

It is a 05 honda pilot, just had transmission replace then the vsa light came on.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Honda
9/21/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The VSA warning is to let you know a fault is detected with one of the vehicle stability assist components.The Vehicle Stability Assist system helps to stabilize the vehicle during cornering if the vehicle turns more or less than desired. It also assists you in maintaining traction while accelerating on loose or slippery road surfaces. It does this by regulating the engine's output, and by selectively applying the brakes.

This indicates there is a fault with one of the wheel speed sensors or steering position/angle sensor or possibly even a fault with wiring or another sensor causing this issue here.If this only occurred after the transmission was replaced then a wiring connection may have been bumped loose or wiring was damaged to one of these sensors causing this fault needing repaired.

What has to be done is to have the fault codes checked using a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and can communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done the code that is set needs diagnosed to then locate and repair the fault and once the fault is repaired then the codes cleared with a scan tool.Having the codes cleared with a scan tool is the only way to turn off the warning.The warning can also go away on its own if the fault was just a fluke and does not occur again but it can take up to a couple of weeks for it to clear on its own.

A local shop or dealer can read out the codes as well as diagnose and repair the fault for a fee.A local parts store can usually read the codes at no charge to you but cannot diagnose the fault but can usually give you an idea of what is at fault.

It may also be possible to speak with the facility that did the transmission replacement to see if they will look into and repair the fault and if it is found to be their fault then they should cover the costs for repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete