Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Overheating fluid draining from small hole behind the driver…

Customer Question
Overheating fluid draining...

Overheating fluid draining from small hole behind the driver front wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Tried to

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

1999 Honda Accord LX 4 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well I'm trying to fix it myself or have somebody I know fix it because I can't afford to take it to a shop I was just had somebody look at it and they said it's not the thermostat we don't really know what it is but I know as soon as I speed up little cool down like the temperature will drop and it takes it a minute to actually overheat but all I put fluid in there and then come all the way back out within a 10-minute span

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Stay somebody told me today that there's one that the water is leaking out behind the driver side wheel like a little hole maybe weeping holes possibly

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
9/21/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 8 months ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

the water pump has the weep hole that is designed to leak when the bearing in the water pump is worn

thus letting you know to replace the water pump

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Water Pump

5 - Water Pump

19200P0A003-$87.35

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace

B-2.3 - 4.2 hours labor

NOTE

With AC, Add

B 0.3 - 0.4 hours labor

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2mbop72s59h2gz/0920-honda-INSPECTION.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/o2mbop72s59h2gz/0920-honda-INSPECTION.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic