Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

I have a 2000 Honda CR-V that's occasionally behaving badly.

I have a 2000 Honda CR-V that's occasionally behaving badly. The clock has worked intermittently for a couple of years, and the right turn signal has started flashing extremely fast. Yesterday the radio and the A/C fan wouldn't turn on, but when my son drove the car today, he said they worked fine. What do you make of this?
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: No. Is there one fuse that controls all of those items, or would multiple fuses be going out?
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet. I'd like to fix it myself if it's easy, but I don't have the skills to do much.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, but who are you connecting me to?

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so all of those things are on the same circuit, it could be that you have a intermittent faulty power supply or ground issue, the turn signal thing would be separate but the rest of that is on one circuit. so is everything working ok now even the turn signals?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The clock doesn't work most of the time. Today both the radio and fan work, so they seem to be related.

what about the turn signals? they are working now ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The turn signal works, but it's that really fast blinking, rather than the slower pace when it works normally. I'm most concerned with the a/c fan and radio not working consistently.

thats not too bad we would just have to do some system checks with a volt meter to see where there are troubles,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you think it's an issue with the power supply?

has to be either that or ground issue,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Great info, thanks. I'll pass that along to my mechanic.

sure thing let me know how it works out and thanks for the great rating