kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I have a 2004 Honda Accord Ex four-cylinder automatic with

I have a 2004 Honda Accord Ex four-cylinder automatic with air condition, it started overheating on me and I replaced the thermostat the coolant the fan control switch that is located on the radiator, and both relays, and checked fuses ,I also powered up both fans manually to see if they work, they did, they also work when air conditioner is on, I have yet to see just the cooling fan turn on when a gauge is in the middle or at the H . It was fine for a few days and then started running Hot again , I will try to bleed the system because I did not know that about the Hondas,and see what happens, also is there a Nother cooling sensor or fan control switch somewhere else besides on the radiator, I was also thinking maybe my gauge is wrong and that's why the fan is not coming on?

There is a sensor for the computer that will activate the fans. It is called an ect " engine coolant temp sensor". It is located in the head, just under the evap solenoid on the drivers end of the head.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If the sensor is bad with the check engine light come on?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would the check engine light come on if sensor is bad? And I would both fans come on when I turn on the air-conditioning if the sensor was bad?

The sensor can be reading colder then the engine is and stop the fans from coming on. Even if the ect was bad, the ac would turn both fans on.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Replaced the ect. The fans come on now when the needle goes about halfway, they come on for about 25 seconds or so and stop and then they turn back on again after a few minutes, is that pretty much normal operating procedure. I replaced anti-freeze in the system and tried to bleedvthe air as good as possible,is there a coolant air bleed valve on these models, and thank you for your gelp
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Help*

Please give me just a second. There should be a bleeder. I will post a diagram of its location for you.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you

This model does not have a bleeder valve. You have to turn the heat on inside the car and just let it idle to burp the air out of the system.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ok sounds good , we shall see on way to work tomorrow , thanks again and goodnight

You are very welcome.