Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Left rear power window 2005 Honda Civic goes down but not…

Left rear power window...

Left rear power window 2005 Honda Civic goes down but not up, jumpered the motor and went up ok. Drivers switch and left rear switches do not go up. replaced both, still does not go up. Up grounding must be faulty, is there a breaker on the motor that could cause that?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses?

Yes, window goes down but not back up. All other windows work

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, removed door panel, jumpered the motor to move the window up. It did. motor OK but no up circuit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Already replaced drivers control panel switch and the rear left switch

9/20/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Do you have a volt/ohm meter so we can do some testing?

I will pull door trim off tomorrow and check for power to the door switch and motor, and raise the window back up by jumpering the motor, as before.
i will do this tomorrow and may call back then Chris, depending on what I find with my multimeter testing

Here are the wire diagram for this model https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq4wiq16fc79mtb/civicwin.pdf?dl=0

We need to make sure the main switch is sending out ground on the brown and brown/white wires to the left rear switch when neither are being used. If so then see which is not grounded at the LR switch, most likely it is a broken wire in the harness in one of the door jams.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician