Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

RepLACED STARTER, now anti theft system hyeractive, Series…

RepLACED STARTER, now anti...

RepLACED STARTER, now anti theft system hyeractive

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

Series of rapid ones

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. It's an Accord... checked fuses, replaced battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Anti-theft stays off until car door is closed. Repeated presses of "Lock" button shut it down.

9/20/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

if the locks are malfunctioning it will trigger the anti theft on, the switch is built in the door lock actuator ,

now if the battery drain or went below 10 volts could have triggered ,lets try resetting for now and go from there in cases was a glitch if all was working before starter replacement

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

No joy. Hooked battery up and anti-theft weakly attempting to sound horn. Locked and unlocked, attempted to start. No click, nada. Turned on lights... alarm stops. Lights weak and slowly pulse.
I unhooked it, held the battery cables together for 60 seconds, waited a half-hour, made sure the doors were shut before hooking the battery back up.
With a voltmeter , on the battery check ,with igntion switch in the On and in the start postion ,are you reading 12 volts and holding , this weak light you mentioned
We need to check battery ,battery cables , then check all your fuses ,
Let me know wha the battery reads ?
Battery is 12.98v. There is corrosion visible in the cable from positive to the solenoid. Multimeter on positive and solenoid nut reads 0.0v. We're going to replace cable next. Fuses all look okay.
I believe that will take care of it :)Read below how to get back in touch with meYou are very welcome :)
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat