Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I can't start my car because it shows a flashing light. A…

Customer Question
Hey I can't start...

Hey I can't start my car because it shows a green flashing light.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

A green flashing key light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2010 honda civic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked it online and also called the honda store they said that there was something wrong with my immobilizer?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

So they told me that i have to tow my car to their shop. But when i chaeckef it online it showed that if i sent my VIN number to them they can send me the brake code and they can bypass it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Honda
9/19/2017
Mechanic for Honda: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 11 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

I attached a doc for you to review and try. Please read all the preliminaries, then scroll down to your car to try the reset procedure.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

My car wont start and when i called the honda store they told that it was immobilizer problem. And that i need to get my car towed to their store. But when i checked it online it says that i can just send them my VIN number and they can bypass it

First try what I just sent you. It is a security issue, and there is no bypassing this system for legal reasons. You need to prove you own the car first. This issue is usually resolved with what I just sent you. If it doesn't fix it, then the system has a fault that is preventing it from operating and it needs to be diagnosed.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

direction.