Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Its pulling codes 61-1, p0443, po171, Those three codes are

Customer Question
Its pulling codes 61-1, p0443...
Its pulling codes 61-1, p0443, po171
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Those three codes are tbe exact codes it reads and yes i reset it but the check eng light came back on
JA: What is the model of your '61 Honda?
Customer: I cleared the codes
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No i trusted my bosses mechanic . My car went in for emissions and inspection and came out 700$ in repairs that i am told still wont fix the car and now they tell me the computer isnt grounded properly and they want to replace the computer for 500$ more. Im not stupid and know better than to believe the computer is bad
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Honda
9/19/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and need a little time to get my info and will be right back.

Ok its a 2005 accord

P0443 HONDA - EVAP Canister Purge Valve Circuit Malfunction

Possible causes; Faulty Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control harness is open or shorted Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control circuit poor electrical connection

For Shop Owners AutoCodes OBDII Code List P0443 HONDAP0443 HONDA - EVAP Canister Purge Valve Circuit Malfunction 0 | Add CommentPossible causes Faulty Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control harness is open or shorted Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control circuit poor electrical connection What does this mean?When is the code detected?An improper voltage signal is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM) through the valve.Possible symptoms Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)P0443 HONDA Description The Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) canister purge volume control solenoid valve uses a ON/OFF duty to control the flow rate of fuel vapor from the EVAP canister. The EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve is moved by ON/OFF pulses from the Engine Control Module (ECM). The longer the ON pulse, the greater the amount of fuel vapor that will flow through the valve.

that is a description of the first code and what it is for.

P0171 HONDA - Fuel Injection System Too Lean Bank 1

Possible causes; Intake air leaks Faulty front heated oxygen sensor Ignition misfiring Faulty fuel injectors Exhaust gas leaks Incorrect fuel pressure Lack of fuel Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor Incorrect Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) hose connection

If the P0171 is combined with the P0174 code, it's very likely that the problem is caused by an intake leak. If there are no intake leaks, the next step is to replace the air filter and clean the air flow meter. If the problem persists the front oxygen (O2) sensor may need to be replaced.

When is the code detected?- Fuel injection system does not operate properly.- The amount of mixture ratio compensation is too small. (The mixture ratio is too lean.)Possible symptoms Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) Excessive Fuel ConsumptionP0171 HONDA DescriptionWith the Air/Fuel Mixture Ratio Self-Learning Control, the actual mixture ratio can be brought closely to the theoretical mixture ratio based on the mixture ratio feedback signal from the heated oxygen sensors 1. The Engine Control Module (ECM) calculates the necessary compensation to correct the offset between the actual and the theoretical ratios.In case the amount of the compensation value is extremely large (The actual mixture ratio is too lean.), the ECM judges the condition as the fuel injection system malfunction and light up the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) (2 trip detection logic).

I was told by the mechanics shop after 700 $ in repairs that they couldnt do anything for me because the computer wasnt grounded properly but for 500$ more they could replace the computer

In a nut shell you have two separate issues that need to be addressed and replacing the ECU will not solve this as they rarely go bad. I would ask that shop for a refund as they are off a mile with this one. Find a reliable shop and have another opinion as this needs proper diagnosis to resolve this issues.proper experienced diagnostic procedures . If there is any thing further I can do for you just ask as I work to your complete satisfaction.

I would really like to discus this with you after that final remark you sent ; I have a suggestion you may like!

Oh i knew they were a problem from the get go. They told me the turn signal assembly in the steering column was broken and needed replaced. It was the relay. I appreciate your knowledge and want to know one last thing. It shows a 61-1 code and could a dirty air filter by chance be contributing to the other problems?

just a min I'll check that one for you.

DTC 61-1: Low +B-FSR Voltage. This is a ABS/TCS code related to low voltage or power failure to the anti-lock and traction control module. The first step is to verify the battery and battery connections are OK. If the battery is weak when the engine is started the code can set. There is also a fuse in the under hood fuse box that if blown can cause the code 61-1 to set.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask! Please remember to rate my service in a positive way.

• Check the No. 18 (20 A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box. If the battery and fuse are OK further diagnosis of the ABS/TCS will need to be performed.

Thank you

So if your note sure of the state of the battery or the charging system have an AVR test done, this will let you know how the whole charging system is functioning as this is inportant to all aspects of the operation of the vehicle's computer controls. THIS MAY VERY WELL BE YOUR WHOLE PROBLEM!

please ACCEPT THIS SERVICE AS i FEEL i CAN BETTER EXPLAIN A FEW ISSUES TO YOU THIS WAY SO you KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR NEXT STEP WILL BE.

If there is no further answers or advice I can give you could you please take the time to rate my service positively, thank you.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician