Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I was driving on the freeway when all of a sudden my car…

Customer Question
I was driving on...

I was driving on the freeway when all of a sudden my car died I tried to gas it and nothing happened so I pulled over to the side of the road and when I tried to push the break pedal down it was very stiff and hard to push down my oil was a little low so I added some oil and tried starting my car but it only cranks it won't start I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?

Spark plugs are good and my fuel pump is working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2000 Honda Civic Ex

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it myself maybe a couple of months ago my check engine light came on and read code P0505 so I replaced the IAC valve but my check engine light came back on still reading the same code and my car started to randomly jerk sometimes while accelerating at lower speeds but if I turn my car off and turn it back on it would drive just fine however sometimes when I first start my car my engine will rev up sometimes until it gradually idles normal

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My car feels like it lacks power when I am trying to accelerate especially when getting on the freeway

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Does engine seem to turn over faster/easier then usual?