Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

The key light is flashing and it won't reconize my key I'm…

Customer Question
The key light is...

The key light is flashing and it won't reconize my key I'm traveling and is only key I have

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Turn key on then it lights up then starts blinkung

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

Oddyessy 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Disconnected battery for 10 sec and then tried but did not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just help...

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Honda
9/17/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Unfortunately there is something wrong with this key or the part on the car that reads the code from within the key. You will need a tow to repair facility that can diagnose with a scan tool to repair and then to program 2 keys to the vehicle. In some areas locksmiths which are too mobile can come to you and do this. Without a scan tool you can not diagnose nor reprogram keys DIY.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris