Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My alarm in 2008 honda odyssey started going off we

Customer Question
My alarm in 2008...

My alarm in 2008 honda odyssey started going off we disconected hood switch & horn to stop it from waking up nieghbors I AM IN WHEEL CHAIR PUT IT BEHIND MY SEAT DRIVERS SIDE NOW THE D SLIDING DOOR WOULD NOT OPEN MY BROTHER IN LAW CAME DOWN HE PUT KEY INTO OUTSIDE LOCK ON DOOR & IT STOPPED I THINK IT RESET EVERY THING I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS TEMPORAY FIX OR WILL LAST I AM IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS WHERE WE GOT HIT BY HARVEY THE DEALERSHIP IS BACKED UP GOING TO TRY & WORK ME IN BUT MY VAN SEEMS TO BE OK WHAT DOES THE DOOR LOCK HAVE TO DO WITH ALARM ALL I COULD FIND TO DIS ABLE IT WASHOOD LATCH WHICH WE DID?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

YES & THAT SEEMED TO REST EVERYTHING THIS HAAPPENED 1 TIME BEFORE AND THAT IS WHAT THEY DID &IT STOPPED ALARM FROM GOING OFF THAT WAS 4 MONTHS AGO I WANT TO KNOW IF THIS IS WILLBE OK TO DRIVE LIKE IT IS AS I AM IN WHEELCHAIR & CANNOT JUMP OUT AND OPEN HOOD & STUFF RIGHT NOW HOOD LATCH IS DISCONNECTED AND SO IS HORN I AM OK WITH THAT UNTIL I CAN GET TO DEALERSHIP THEY ARE BACKED UP CAUSE OF HURRICANE HARVEY AM I OK TO DRIVE?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

We dis connected hood latch switch &horn last nite to keep battery from going dead today we left it disconnected put key in outside lock turned it & red light stopped blinking on dash & all the doors started working? am ok to drive it like this til dealer can look at it?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Honda
look I need answer now if you cant help me then refund to my card NOW!
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2017
Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago
eric remington

hello eric here to help was there water intrusion into your vehicle?

Mechanic for Honda: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

di you try to disconnect battery ? is it a factory alarm? turn the key in the door lock and unlock...try that? any light on dash antitheft