Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My car was sabotaged by me abusive ex.... everyone tells me…

Customer Question
My car was sabotaged...

My car was sabotaged by me abusive ex.... everyone tells me its alternator, battery, had tested not those things

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Tested they are fine...sabotaged. i need to know what someone could disconnect or take from my car to make it act like alternator... it acts as if alternator or he did csomething to immobilizer

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your EX?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your EX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its a civic coupe and yes, i replaced battery leads, terminals, alternator, battery, locksmith gabe me new reprogrammed key

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I need to know what things someone could have done to my civic to make it seem like alternator

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Honda
9/15/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Matt, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Matt, Engineer

hello

if the battery is always being drained then its likely the alternator isn't being switched on

check that the alternator is actually charging the battery in the car by taking a battery voltage reading with the engine off then another with the engine running. The 2nd reading should be higher than the 1st and climbing steadily. And also check that the alternator is secure to the engine as this provides the ground for the charging circuit and make sure that the engine / gearbox earth strap is secure and the contacts are clean and bright.

there should also be a switching wire from the ECU to power the alternator up if this wire as been cut then it will never switch over to charging

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you