Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Code error e, 204899, odyssey 2006, yes tried changing the…

Customer Question
Code error e Mechanic's...

Code error e

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

204899

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

odyssey 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes tried changing the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This happened after changing the battery

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good afternoon,

It sounds like your radio is in theft mode after the battery replacement. This is normal.

I can get you the code to unlock the radio if you can give me the complete vehicle vin and the radio serial number.

To get the serial number perform the following:

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON.
  2. Turn ON the device and confirm that the display reads COdE. If you don’t see this message, remove the battery cable for 5 minutes and then reconnect it, and then go back to step 1.
  3. Turn OFF the device.
  4. Press and hold the 1 and 6 radio preset buttons, and turn ON the device.
  5. The display toggles between two screens: U with the first 4 digits of the serial number (U2200 for example,)
  6. And L with the last 4 digits of the serial number (L0055 for example.)
  7. Ignore the U and L and record all 8 digits

If you see a phone call pop-up it's automated. Not generated by me.

The vin is 5fnrl38406b400111 the serial number is *****

Ok. Let me get that submitted to Honda.

Here is the unlock code- 35525

Make sure the radio display says "CODE" before you enter it. If it doesn't, you will need to reset it by unhooking the battery.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

* Please take time to rate my response- as an expert I don't work directly for Just Answer- any resources I provide to you are furnished at my own personal expense. I only receive compensation based on positive ratings from you. Therefore, I cannot offer my time, insights, advice, diagrams, etc, without that positive rating. If you are unable to positively rate my response please let me know. After rating I will still be available for follow-up questions at no additional charge.

Mechanic for Honda: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago

Let me know if you need additional info.