Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2000 Honda door and brake lamp light monitor is on. I don't…

Customer Question
2000 Honda door and...

2000 Honda door and brake lamp light monitor is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

No, I don't know

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S2000 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I ha e not tried anything. Will have to take it to someone to fix. Want to know if it's major. Will be expensive

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Thank you for taking time to seek expert Honda advice. I am reviewing your question and gathering information. Please standby.

Is it showing just one door is open? Have you checked the brake fluid level?

Thank you,

Honda-Man

Low brake fluid will make the light stay on. Also the level float(switch) inside the reservoir can sink or go bad making the light stay on.