Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2006 honda wont start, key wont turn on lights wont turn,

Customer Question
2006 honda wont start...

2006 honda wont start, key wont turn on lights wont turn

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Can't turn steering wheel the key is alright

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Honda?

2006 Honda Ridgeline Rt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ridgeline yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, Jump starting nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I let the windows down with fob and unlock the doors manually

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Honda
9/13/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Are you saying that the engine does not crank over?

NO power anywhere in the vehicle?

Do the headlights work, dome lights and brake lights work?