HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

WILL A B18A1 (DOHC) NON VTEC ECU/ECM RUN A B20B (DOHC) NON

Customer Question

WILL A B18A1 (DOHC) NON VTEC ECU/ECM RUN A B20B (DOHC) NON VTEC MOTOR? IF NO THEN WHY?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Driveable replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you understand the complications and reasons why the b18a1 ecu cannot run a b20b swap. It will be a lengthy answer so be prepared to read lol, just let me know if you are still in need of this information.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have B20B motor 2.0L (DOHC) non vtec with manual transmission, with a intake manifold that came off a 1990-1991 integra rs with manual transmission and have 1990 civic si wiring harness produced in Ontario, Canada that came with a 1l na 14 double overhead cam (dohc)honda 16v. OBDO. thats going in a 1990 crx. Already bought a jumper for a obdo1 to an obdo if needed. I live in ca, and already have everything that will make the motor pass smog , I need to know what ecu/ecm that will run the motor?
Expert:  Driveable replied 1 month ago.

Very cool, I am in California too. I could have guessed I know you Honda guys will do anything to make it work lol. Let me evaluate your ECU could you tell me what number ECU you have for the B18a1? I think with that list of parts you are actually on your way to making the b18a1 ecu work with a b20b.