Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I had to replace the battery today & when they disconnected

Customer Question

I had to replace the battery today & when they disconnected the old one it turned the stereo off. My Accord is a*****4cyl & I also own a 2002 & I know that there is a code in the Owner's Manuel to remedy this, but unfortunately my 2012 did not come with an Owner's Manuel. So, my question is......is there any other way to find out what the code is? I hate not having music when I drive! I hope you can help. Thank you.
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: The same scan tool used to read all the other codes? My son has one but I think it's for older cars. Could I take it to the dealership and have it read?
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far I've just tried putting in random numbers.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks, ***** ***** is actually in excellent condition & this is the first time I've replaced the battery & I forgot to remind the mechanic about the theft prevention attached to the stereo.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Yes the dealership can get the radio code for you. You just need to take the vehicle to them and have proof of ownership in come cases. You can also do so at radio-code.com

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris