Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I just put in a new alternator and now when I try to use the…

Customer Question
I just put in...

I just put in a new alternator and now when I try to use the radio it says it's code error 9. I have a 2008 Honda Accord V6. What do I have to do to get the radio back working?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

30002644 is the number I got on the radio when I pushed the 1-6 thing, and yes I had to disconnect it last week.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

I did fix the alternator but I can't get the damn radio working with the error code. I was able to get the 30002644 number off the radio display but I don't know what to do next...it asks to enter a code and it's only 4 numbers or so

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that's about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
9/13/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

I can get you the radio code, i will need your vehicle's VIN number.

1HGCR367X8A022870
Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Let me get the radio code. Please stand by.

This is seeming like a rip off I de
Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

What do you mean?

The phone call says I need to update my payment info I just put it in...when I get the radio code what's the next step??
Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

No need to call, just ignore the call pop up. Give me a couple of minutes and i can get you the code. Please stand by.

Standing by
Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Can you double check the VIN number you provided. It is incorrect.

Could be a I instead of a 1?? Could be a Q instead of a 0...can I send you a picture of the vin number?
Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Go ahead and send the picture.

Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Yes, let me get the code please stand by.

Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm having a hard time decoding this vin. I will opt out and let another expert assist you.

Mechanic for Honda: PLCUSTOMER-mzof8sxf-,
 replied 8 months ago
PLCUSTOMER-mzof8sxf-

Hello and thanks for contacting Just Answer

replied 8 months ago

I will be able to get you your code. The system will be offline till 9AM, I will get you the code then.

replied 8 months ago

You will be able to get the code from this website:

https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

Thank you!

replied 8 months ago

Were you able to get your radio code?

PLCUSTOMER-mzof8sxf-
PLCUSTOMER-mzof8sxf-
PLCUSTOMER-mzof8sxf-