mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

2004 Honda Accord V6 Dual Climate. Heat/AC vent issue. None

2004 Honda Accord V6 Dual Climate. Heat/AC vent issue. None of the servo motors are doing anything. Blower motor works at all speeds.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: door closer servo motors No leaking coolent. Plenty of heat
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I removed all 4 servo motors and bench tested them to see that they worked w/ DC supplied. They do. I looked at the fuses I thought were relavent I switched out the relays in the hood under the hood
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I ran the diagnostic. I have a "GLI" on the driver side and a D on teh passenger side

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

try this diag function im not pulling anything up on the gli or d, also have you tried to access the hvac system with a scanner?

Turn the ignition switch OFF.

Turn the fan switch OFF.

Set the temperature control dial on Max Cool, then push the mode control button to select Vent.

Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Press and hold the recirculation control button.

While holding the button down, press the rear window defogger button five times within 10 seconds. The recirculation indicator blinks two times, then the self-diagnostic will begin.

If there is any problem in the system after self-diagnostic is finished, the recirculation indicator will blink Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 1 through 6. If there are any problems in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit, the A/C indicator will blink DTC 7 or 8.

If no DTC's are found, the indicator will not blink.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you sure that is the proper sequence for this model? It didn't seem to work. The procedure that produces the DTC codes for me is 1) turn key to II 2) slowly run temp dial from max cold to max heat 3) hold the AUTO and OFF buttons on. I will try your procedure again but I didnt have luck with it prior.

hey thats ok hondas are a bit funny, so do you have a scanner to access the ecu and bcm?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
unfortunately no.
It seems a bit odd that none of the servo motors are getting signal. As I said, they all work when on the bench.
Also, apparently, the A/C is not running (not engaging). I did put gauges on that and it is is not low.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there a common point or ground amongst all that mess?

there is im looking now for that information

so there is this connector which a few different things come into and then all of that goes to a pain spot behind the glove box which I do not have any diagrams for but it should be obvious for that one

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can run up to autozone and have them put the do the dtc. I can also check that harness. Any other ideas?

you may be able to I dont know if there computers are strong enough to get into that system or not, and yes you can check power and ground at the connector on the controller assembly. check for voltage on 4 and ground on 6

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fair enough. How long does my session last? I have to go into a meeting now. If you think of anything else please send it to me.

oh we can talk for days so no worries on the time schedule thing, there are no extra charges , its just the main fee at the beginning and we can talk as much as you would like for that.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi again Shawn, here's some good info. All 4 servo motor connectors have 5v of power (which I'm pretty sure is the spec) when key is in II position and the system is "on". so it is not that they are "shorted" (at least not in power supply). So... ti is the signal wires that I need to focus on. Not sure if I need to start at the "source" (ie, the controls on the center console) or if I should be looking at the relays. Any thoughts?

il have to open this back up to the others as I will be off for a day or so

the problem is going to be the a/c auto amp itself otherwise known as the contols. the unit in the dash is not sending proper signals. also why the procedures didnt seem to work right.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if the problem is in the AC Auto amp controls, what are my options? Are there replaceable parts or do you get a whole new console what do I do?

its the whole a/c auto amp

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you provide a part number or something that gives me a little bit more than AC Auto amp? That does not provide anything when I search on the internet

it is not showing up on my end the best course of action is to call the dealer to provide them with the vin number and they will give you the most updated part number as well. it is also known as the a/c control panel that will show up in google as well

mike switzer,
Experience: lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I appreciate the help from both TechPro49 and Mr. Switzer. Based on advice above I tried to find a used console. Didn't find one. Came home and just couldn't get past the fact that all the controls went dead. Anyway, long story short, I found one of the connectors (one that was not directly part of the radio/console) was loose. May have been that way since 2004 for all I know. Anyway, plugged it in tight and all was happy in whoville. Honestly, still really happy with the $28 spend. Glad I didnt buy a $1000 replacement!