Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2006 Ridgeline the doors won't unlock with remote and also I…

Customer Question
2006 Ridgeline the doors...

2006 Ridgeline the doors won't unlock with remote and also I could not get into my Honda last night leaving me stranded. After research sounds like it is actuator but not sure what to do also sounds like door lock might be broken too.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes about two days ago I noticed that the horn would not sound when I locked the car thought possibly a fuse but I didn't get to check that out. My car is stuck at work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ridgeline yourself? What have you tried so far?

I might fix myself I am handy watched You tube last night on the actuator but I have to get in first so I am going to have to get a lock smith first.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The key seems to activate the alarm I can see it blinking or go off when I try to open the car.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
9/13/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

With the possibility of broken actuator or linkage in the driver door lock, you will need to try to jimmy the passenger door. There is a kit that is sold at parts stores that has an inflatable wedge with hand pump and long tool to reach in and unlock the door by the door lock switch. you push the wedge in at top rear of door between it and the door sill and pump the wedge up to force the top of the door out just enough to slip the tool in and open the door. This is what most locksmiths use

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager