Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Emission control light came on and the d was flashing. When…

Customer Question
Emission control light came...

Emission control light came on and the d was flashing. When I restarted the light was still on but the d was no longer flashing. 2010 Honda pilot. Have a*****to get to a dealership, Will it be ok to drive it there.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Looks like engine diagram,and stays on steady

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Have not tried anything.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Honda
9/10/2017
Mechanic for Honda: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 11 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Okay, then there are codes set in the computer that you need to extract. Most parts stores read codes for free for you so we know what to do next. Can be something simple too.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.