HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

07 Ridgeline gets stuck in park. I undid the battery

Customer Question

07 Ridgeline gets stuck in park. I undid the battery terminals and put them together - no luck. Replaced the stoplight switch at the pedal - no luck. Still gets stuck in park and no brake lights.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: I haven't checked that and I haven't had the fluid changed.
JA: Are you fixing your Ridgeline yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I usually don't but my best friend and mechanic is out of town so I thought I'd see if I can at least take a crack at it. I'm a master electrician but that doesn't help too much with vehicles.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So on that system we would want to check fuse 21 in drivers dash fuse panel

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fuse 21 is good.