Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My check engine light came on this morning while I was

Customer Question
My check engine light...

My check engine light came on this morning while I was driving and the D for drive light started blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

The red engine icon stayed on but the green D was blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2011 pilot touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I was on my to work have to wait until the Honda dealerships to call

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing that I can think of right now

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Honda
9/8/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Steve, Honda Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic

Both lights are related to each other. The flashing "D" light is alerting you to an issue with the transmission which is most likely just a faulty pressure switch. I can not tell you which switch without knowing the code set in the system though. If it is an intermittent issue the light may not be flashing the next time you start the Pilot.

The check engine light is on due to this issue also because it does effect operation of the engine/transmission control systems. While the "D" light is flashing you may notice the Pilot seems more sluggish due to it running in a default mode to keep you going.

I hope this information helps you.