Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Had my clutch cylinder actually break off at mounting bolts…

Customer Question
Hi had my clutch...

Hi had my clutch slave cylinder actually break off at mounting bolts so replace the slave ,bench bled it first,could not get the system bled so replaced master after bleeding it to on the bench. But still cant get any pressure at all

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?

Not at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

03 civic lx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replace the slave ,bench bled it first,could not get the system bled so replaced master after bleeding it to on the bench. But still cant get any pressure at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Checked all lines cant find any leaks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Honda
9/7/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mike S., Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

I am reading that, "It may be necessary to limit the movement of the release fork (B) with a block of wood to remove all the air from the system.".

thanks never really checked the play in the fork ,noted it was snug when installing the slave, good idea lol raining now at it again tomorrow

No, not to check if there is play, to purposely limit the movement.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.