Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I recently purchased Honda fit 2009 but when I checked it 4

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** recently purchased Honda fit 2009 but when I checked it 4 days later I found it scratched I took my claim to the car yard but know joy
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hello

how bad is the scratch?

As I'd recommend having a go at polishing them out yourself as any scratch which isn't through the colour can usually be recovered without a respray.

I'd use some of Meguirs Scratch X which you can find in Halfords and is like T-cut but far far superior and will polish to a high shine without the associated swirling you get from T-cut.

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Store/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=301&gclid=CNS5mu359p8CFZEA4wod7Q2jYQ

If the scratches are very deep then use some very fine wet & dry sandpaper ( about 1200 to 1500 grit) with warm water and some washing up liquid in the water and then very lightly rub over the scratch with the paper.

This will 'dull' the paint but don't worry if you then apply the scratch X you can get back to a shine.

Alternatively you can use a mobile company ( who will do what I've described)

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you