Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

The door will not close, even manually. 2005 Honda Odyssey

Customer Question
The door will not close...
The door will not close, even manually
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2005 Honda Odyssey Ex
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Replacing the roller. The motor will not activate now that it is all put back together
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 170k all odysseys are manual
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
Meant all Odysseus are automatic haha
I replaced the roller/trolly and lined it up correctly. Hit the button to close the door and it moved slightly then beeped. I stopped it immediately. Now the motor doesn't even seem to turn on and I cannot close it manually. I have changed the roller once before and it worked fine for a couple years.
Answered in 3 days by:
9/5/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

Still cannot get the door to shut without removing the trolley on the middle track
The motor will not turn on to move the guide wires
Mechanic for Honda: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago

I​f it moved a little sand beeped we have an obstruction, motor ,roller , module etc ,click on link and tell me if you can view pdf file & we go from there

I can read it
Is there a particular diagram I should look at?
Mechanic for Honda: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago

the most common is the remote control assemebly

Are you suggesting to replace the whole remote control assembly? I had the middle roller off last night and hit the button and the door began to open but wanted to fall since the middle roller was not there to support. But as soon as I fastened the roller to the door, the activation switch would no longer work. So would that mean the control assembly functioning properly and some how the middle track is seized? I can't even get it to move when I release the two white tabs that give you slack to get the roller off the door.
Mechanic for Honda: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago

y​es sir ,this what goes bad on them and what we usually change

But shouldn't that middle roller move manually? I don't want to buy a part, spend the time to replace it and then it not fix the door
The manual says all you have to do is turn off the automatic switch and the door can open and close manually. The remote control assembly can completely seize that guide cable that opens and closes the door?
Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few