Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

This is a 2010 Honda Odyssey that has no brake lights. Not.

Customer Question
This is a 2010 Honda...
This is a 2010 Honda Odyssey that has no brake lights. Not
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: No. As indicated in the owners manual the horn and brake lights are on the same fuse, the horn works but the brake lights do not. The brake light switch has been eplaced along with the bulbs.
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The brake light switch has been replaced along with the bubs.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Probably not.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
8/22/2017
Mechanic for Honda: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. please allow me a few minutes to look up some information for you.

thanks for your patience, been a really busy day

remove the connector for the brake light switch. put a jumper wire in the connector where the re wire is and the other end of the jumper in where the white/black wire is.

The jumper between red and black and white gives me a right side brake light???
It is obvious to me that I will not be able to complete this repair due to health and time constraints.
I want to abandon this process. Thanks for your effort.

Im sorry to hear that. good luck.

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician