david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

My 2003 Honda Pilot keyless entry has stopped working. I've

My 2003 Honda Pilot keyless entry has stopped working. I've changed both batteries in both remotes, but the doors will not lock or unlock, except to use the key manually. If I use the driver's side interior lock button, all doors will lock and unlock electrically, but they won't respond to the fobs.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Try this procedure and let me know if it helps, thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, thanks. I don't have the car with me right now. It's my daughter's car so I sent her this sheet and asked her to do the steps and see if that works. If not, is it likely that I have to replace the keyless receiving unit itself?

no, if it doesnt work you need to replace the transmitter. (remote)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, I'll see if that works first. But neither one of her remotes will work and I just thought it was unlikely that both would fail at the same time. We'll try reprogramming first. I'll let you know. Thank you.

ok, if both remotes dont respond after that then yes it would be the receiver.

please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you are satisfied with my assistance. just remember, by accepting the answer and leaving a rating doesnt mean we are done. im here to help you until the vehicle is fixed.

thank you. please let me know it it works.