Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Keeps draining battery over night, tracked it down to fuse,

Keeps draining battery over...

Keeps draining battery over night , tracked it down to fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Battery is brand new , there is .4 mill amp draw with ignition off , pull fuse #23 and draw disappears

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2007 civic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am fixing my self

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How much is this going to cost me?

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Honda Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Did you get what i said about the .4 amp draw and pulling fuse # 23?

8/21/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me the engine liter size as well as this fuses location?

Let me know,thanks Pete

IT IS FUSE #23

Unfortunately I am unable to place a call on this here myself but others see you have requested a call and may still call on this here.I can however continue here.

O.k.,can you tell me what liter engine is in your model here and is this fuse under hood or in the interior of your vehicle?

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT SIZE ENGINE IT IS , I AM AT WORK AND THE CAR IS AT HOME, THE FUSE IN QUESTIONM IS UNDER THE HOOD , 10AMP , WITH THE VEHICLE OFF THERE IS A .4 AMP DRAW WIT FUSE IN ,OUT 0.

This fuse powers the multi plex control unit and then this unit powers these components:

Immobilizer keyless control unit

Navigation unit ( if equipped)

Data link connector

Radio

Gage control module

Each one of these needs disconnected one at a time to locate which is causing the drain.In most cases it is usually the radio itself needing replaced as I have seen the radio cause a drain internally.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician
SuperDave
SuperDave, auto technician
Phone call session started
Pete, Auto Service Technician