HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I installed a new radio on my honda crv 2006 today. This

Customer Question

i installed a new radio on my honda crv 2006 today. This evening I noticed my desk lights and brake lights done work. I opened my car radio and saw that 2 crimps came off the wires so i believe this maybe have fused out the lights. Not sure if this is a fuse box where maybe a fuse is out for brake lights and dash lights?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: each one no?
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well i wanted to see if maybe the radio was connected wrong and i tried to see if that would solve the dash lights but not. I even disconnected the battery and reconnected and that didn't do anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: well i think that's all i can provide for now
Category: Honda
Expert:  Don - Mo Lurch replied 2 months ago.

sorry for the delay.........
>

Dash Lights & Brake Lights would be "seperate Circuit & Fuses"
Can you go thru the vehicle & post ALL & Any other Lights that do not work?
I take it you did NOT use a Wiring Adapter that plugged into the Factory Radio Harness??
You hard wired (cut & splice)...correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The radio came with a wiring adapter but it had to cut and spliced and also harnessed manually. But i did detach the old radio adapter and cut and splice the new adapter to the car. I did this on my kitchen table and did splice the wiring in the car. But radio works great. Dash lights do not work. The brake lights won't go on either. Basically the entire tail lights do not work. When I used the remote to unlock the doors, the rear lights did not blink. That is when I realized something was wrong.

I will OPT OUT & RELIST
I do not have the Factory wiring guide
Please do not respond to this, as it will LOCK Question
IF someone else can help, they will post here

thanks