Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

2011 Honda Pilot Engine,VTM4 & VSA warning lights, Indicator

2011 Honda Pilot Engine,VTM4 &...
2011 Honda Pilot Engine,VTM4 & VSA warning lights,
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Indicator lights on dash board, VTM & VSA light go off and on as I am driving but check engine light stays on the whole time
JA: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I engaged the VTM 4 and drove truck a couple of blocks and shut off the VSA didn't seem to have any effect also engine does not go into ECO mode on highway.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Truck has 74,000 miles
8/7/2017
Rmldaytona
Rmldaytona, Certified Technician

Thanks for your patience. VSA system is the Vehicle Stability Assist system. This is a system which aids in maintaining stability of your vehicle during aggresive maneuvers, panic situations and awfully tight turns. This is the system which keeps your vehicle from skidding out of control and/or rolling over. If there is a malfunction in the system or any its components, the computer will illuminate the VSA light on the instrument panel and disable system operation. Your vehicle will drive as usual, however without the aid of the VSA system.
VTM4 is the Variable Torque Management management system. This is the system which controls the all wheel drive (4 wheel drive). The computer controls the torque to the rear wheels as needed to maintain constant*****operation. When the computer detects a problem with the VTM4 system or any of it's components it will disable the VTM4 system and illuminate the VTM4 light on the instrument panel.
The check engine light illuminates any time the engine computer detects a malfuntion in any of the engine management systems. Depending on the malfunction, the vehicle may still operate normally because the computer can compensate for some malfunctions. However, the malfunction should be reapaired as soon as possible.
Now... Understand that many vehicle systems rely on the same information within the vehicle. So... ne malfunction can effect more than one system at the same time. This may be why you get 3 malfunctions illuminated on the instrument panel.
First stem is to retrieve the diagnostic trouble codes from the vehicle computer system. This will tell the nature of the malfunction. Once that is known, the malfunction can be diagnosed and only then can it be repaired. Most automotive repair facilities charge about $100 for diagnostics.

I ask that once you have found my answer helpful you rate my service provided.

Rmldaytona
Rmldaytona, Certified Technician
Rmldaytona
Rmldaytona
Rmldaytona, Certified Technician