Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2003 honda accord. the sound has been intermittent

Customer Question

I have a 2003 honda accord. the sound has been intermittent for the past year. now all i have is a lit up radio panel, but no sound. the #5 fuse is ok. the speakers in the trunk have all wires connected with no apparent short.
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: what?
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: please read my comments
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is anyone looking at the question about my 2003 honda accord radio?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Do you have the premium radio with an amplifier?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is a standard radio with single cd player for a 2003 mazda accord

Thanks, ***** ***** base radio setup. If the screen shows just fine but no sound occurs from all speakers then it is the radio that needs to be replaced.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What do you think about the amp being bad. Can you tell me how to replace it on a 2003 Honda accord. Replacement of the radio is a complicated process on this model due to the panel it sits in. I have read that some people install an additional radio in the compartment underneath the factory-installed radio. I do not want to do this and hope an amp replacement would be the best option.