HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

My low beams have stoped working. High beams too. Only the

Customer Question

My low beams have stoped working. High beams too. Only the parking lights come on bit the high beam indicator on the dash stays on all the time now
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes. All seem fone fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2001 crv
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive just checked the fuses so far. Would like to fix it myself if possible
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Honda
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. Text is fine

just to be sure recheck fuse 48 in the underhood location, how are you checking fuses?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have just been eyeballing them for breaks in the fuse but they all look fine

so the next step for this is we need to verify power on the circuit, do you have a voltmeter or test light?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Pics attached
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sadly I do not
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do have a replacement bulb I could try

it would be best for one of these tools, more so a voltmeter you can pick them up cheap now a days, harbor freight sells one for 5$

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How long do I have access to you under this service for? If I go to buy one can I hit you up after and we can continue from there or would it cost more money?

we can talk for up to 3 weeks at the same charge the only extra is a phone call, which I prefer text, and before you go check fuse 32 under dash

and 48 and 54 under hood and 4,5,18,20,21,22 under dash

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. Will do and will let you know
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All fuses seem fine under the dash though there are no fuses in slots 18 or 20. All the fuses seem intact under the hood but they are not labeled with those numbers so I just looked at all of them. I will say that the fuses under the dash all look a little charred but with no breaks in them. Pic attached.

thats pretty normal its actually electrolysis because of the metals are different and makes that color, ok now you need a volt meter and were gonna do some back probing and switch testing

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. I'll get back to you once I have one. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It might take a while so I'll try to give you a heads up beforehand so we can reconvene at a time that works for on other of us

sounds good to me!