Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2001 Honda Accord - alarm keeps going off. Fixing it my

Customer Question
2001 Honda Accord -...

2001 Honda Accord - alarm keeps going off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing it my self

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Key fob came apart - put it back together - it works

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Honda
8/5/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Does the alarm go off while the vehicle is off or when driving the vehicle?

Does it have an aftermarket alarm system?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Does the alarm go off while the vehicle is off or when driving the vehicle? When offDoes it have an aftermarket alarm system? NOHave you checked for codes in the computer? noKey fob came apart - I put if back together - I think that may be the problem -

Does the alarm go off if you use the key to unlock the drivers door or turn the ignition on?