HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

The low oil indicator light does not come on when my 08

Customer Question

The low oil indicator light does not come on when my 08 Honda Civic SI is 3 quarts low on oil. Also my car is using an excessive amount of oil. I had the oil changed about two months ago and it was 3 quarts low this morning.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No that is going to happen tomorrow if I can find one in the small town I live in.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Honda Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Civic Si yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have recently discovered the problem. I have been watching the oil level. My husband is going to look at it tomorrow. Yes, we will fix it our self if it is an easy fix.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Honda
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. with the engine running, if you remove the oil filler cap can you feel suction ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need to talk to someone tomorrow. It is dark and I don't have much light out there. I did not realize I would be chatting tonight. I will be back on tomorrow.

ok

hows it going?