Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

1984 Honda Prelude 1.8 L, side draft carbs. engine wont

Customer Question
1984 Honda Prelude 1.8...

1984 Honda Prelude 1.8 L, side draft carbs. engine wont idle, suspect carb issue as cant find a broken vacuum hose anywhere. looking for a carb kit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Honda Prelude. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Not that i can think of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
8/4/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

So you just need help with finding a rebuild kit ?

the ones I see readily available are not clearly stating which carb they are for. I have the side mount (slid-valve) 2- one barrel carbs.

that is what im seeing too, you could always break them down, lay out the parts and compare.

I didn't want to spend $50 on a kit, only to find it was for the modified car and not the side carb. They operate completely different and components are nowhere similar.

the kits im seeing have the parts laid out for you to see before you purchase though so there would be no guessing

Sorry I misunderstood what you meant. I'll take a look this weekend....

yeah break it down and lay the parts out and send me a pic ill help you find the right gasket set

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician