Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics
18617752

I would like to know what the code for my 2004 Honda Civic,

Customer Question

I would like to know what the code for my 2004 Honda Civic, that came up means. PO497
Thank you
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and type out my reply. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for holding!

The P0497 is pointing to a problem with the EVAP (emission control/recovery) Purge System. Most commonly, this is a problem with the EVAP Purge Solenoid. The Solenoid is located on the rear of the engine, towards the driver's side (for an image view, click here: ). Carefully inspect the rubber vacuum lines to the solenoid for any cracks, holes or disconnections. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the inspections check ok, replace the Purge Solenoid Valve. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Were there any other questions I could help you with today?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

HI! I noticed this Q&A was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this? Any other questions you had?