Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2.3 type V Accord 2002 and engine is struggling for…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 2.3 type V Accord 2002 and engine is struggling for power underacceleration

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Manual with 119k

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only just bought car! Seemed fine on test drive but as soon as I hit the motorway on drive home it showed why the prev owner was selling cheap

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sound for Sat Nav?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
8/2/2017
Mechanic for Honda: MASTER TECH, Honda Technician replied 8 months ago
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Technician

Hello welcome to Just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you.

can you tell me if any of the lights on the dash are on ?

if not then we can start some basic checks like a compression test and check the spark plugs also.

Only light is engine management light

ok that's a good thing.

this will need to be scanned to see what code is stored in the computer so we can continue.

do you have access to a code reader?

most parts stores will scan this for free depending on the state you live.

if you can scan this and give me the code we can start a plan to repair this.

also please check the engine oil level it's most likely low.

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician