Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

The fan behind the radiator stopped and car overheated. No…

Customer Question
The fan behind the...

The fan behind the radiator stopped and car overheated

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes, no coolant leak. When car overheated the coolant spewed out of the reserve bottle with steam

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

CRV 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have only filled with coolant and car is parked. I am looking for advice on what to evaluate

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
8/1/2017
Mechanic for Honda: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 6 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

DO NOT try to start and run it. You need to first have a compression/cylinder lead down test done to see if you blew a head gasket or cracked a head by overheating it.

Make sure your new fan works properly too.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor