Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

A/C COOLS WHEN GOING DOWN THE ROAD, BUT BLOWS HOT AIR WHEN…

Customer Question
A/C COOLS WHEN GOING...

A/C COOLS WHEN GOING DOWN THE ROAD, BUT BLOWS HOT AIR WHEN IDJEING. WHATS THE PROBLEM/?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

NO

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2007 ACCORD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

WELL , I HAD 2 MECH ON IT THE FIRST ONE CHANGE4D OUT A HOSE THAT WASN,T IT , THE SECOND , WHICH WAS A hONDA DEALER CHANGED OUT THE COND COIL , YHE DRYER AND THE EXPANSON VALVE.... NONE OF THOSE FIXED THE PROBLEM....

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
8/1/2017
Mechanic for Honda: kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech replied 8 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech

If it cools going down the road, but warms up at idle, then the cooling fans re not working correctly. This will make the high side pressures run to high, and the ac compressor will be turned off till the high pressures drop. When you are driving down the road, the air running across the condenser will cool it down so the pressure drops to normal range.

The best way to test this, is to place a fan in front of the car so it is blowing towards the radiator from in front of the bumper. Turn the ac on and see if it will blow cold air out the vents. If it does, then you need to check why the fans are not working correctly.

kalamykid
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech