Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

2001 Honda Accord LX. 3 liter V6. The car normally runs,

Customer Question
2001 Honda Accord LX...

2001 Honda Accord LX. 3 liter V6. The car normally runs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sorry I pushed enter by accident. I'll start over. 2001 Honda Accord LX 3 ltr V^. The car normally starts just fine except, sometimes after a heavy rain or when there is a lot of moisture in the air, the engine will crank but it won't start. after cranking for about 10 minutes I let it rest for approximately 30 minutes and it starts and runs fine. I also have a mildew odor in the car but cannot find any wetness under the carpets, in the trunk or in the sun roof compartment. I am not sure if these things are related.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Yes those things are fine.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
8/1/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 6 months ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech

Hi welcome to just answers my name is ***** ***** you check for any codes related to this problem with a scanner ?

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician